Sewing instructions for stretch skirt:
- description of the content of the sewing instructions,
- cutting out the pattern,
- sewing the skirt,
- sewing a simple elastic waistband (alternative 1),
- sewing a fabric waistband (alternative 2).
Description of the sewing instructions
This is the sewing instructions to the stretch skirt pattern. It is a pattern without zips, so you must use a stretch fabric. Otherwise it will be impossible for you to pull the skirt up over your thighs and hips.The stretch skirt pattern has a back divided into two parts which will give you a curved backside with a seam running down the middle of it.
The sewing instructions to the stretch skirt pattern allow you to choose between two ways of making the waistband.
– Alternative 1 shows you how to make a simple elastic waist on the skirt by simply stitching a wide elastic to the inside of the skirt.
– Alternative 2 shows you how to make a waistband for the elastic.
These are the pattern pieces you will use for this skirt.