Sewing instructions for men’s suit style jacket:
- description of the content of the sewing instructions,
- how to cut out the pattern,
- sewing the curved back,
- sewing sleeves and attaching them,
- sewing wristband or cuff, collar and inserting zip (no facing),
- sewing wristband or cuff, collar and inserting zip (with facing)
- lining the hem.
Sewing wristband or cuffs, collar and zip (no facing)
b) Fold the ribbing wrong sides together and baste (hand sew) edges together.
c) Divide ribbing and sleeve into four equal parts and mark with pins.
d) Lightly stretch ribbing and sew to sleeve, finish seams together and press up.
a) Fold up a small edge of around 1 cm and press.
b) Fold up a larger edge, around 1,5-2 cm press and sew.
Attaching the zip.
a) Over-lock the front edges before attaching the zip.
b) Lay the zip, with its front side facing the front side of the jacket, and with its teeth pointing towards the sleeve, sew allowing a little seam allowance.