Sewing instructions for men’s suit style jacket:
- description of the content of the sewing instructions,
- how to cut out the pattern,
- sewing the curved back,
- sewing sleeves and attaching them,
- sewing wristband or cuff, collar and inserting zip (no facing),
- sewing wristband or cuff, collar and inserting zip (with facing)
- lining the hem.
Sewing the sleeves
First you are going to sew the front and back pieces together at the shoulders. Place the front and back pieces with the right sides together. Sew the shoulder seams. Finish the seam allowances and press towards the back.
If you are using the normal sleeve, then there is no need to do anything to it before attaching it to the jacket body.
But if you are using the curved sleeve the two pieces have to be joined together before being attached to the jacket body.
Put the pieces together with right side facing and sew the sleeve together as shown.
Sew the sleeves into the armholes. Note the placement markers! Ease the space between the dots in if necessary. Finish off the seam allowances and press inwards.
Sew the sleeve and side seams in one operation. Finish the seam allowances and press towards the back.